Tuesday, October 7

Back to Bidness

I haven't really posted much of note lately so I thought I'd hunker down and try to put a little something fun out there for anyone who reads this.

First of all, this weekend Justin and Leah came to Dallas and hung out with us on Saturday and Sunday. They also had their two fantastic little ones in tow, Jackson and Carson. We went to the fair on Saturday. I loved to watch Jackson's face as he took it all in. I think he was 100% overwhelmed but thoroughly enjoyed the strawberry chill that consumed the front of his white polo shirt. Luckily Leah said that thanks to some Oxi-Clean... the shirt looks like new today! Carson meanwhile, was a complete angel and aside from the LOUD fair noises startling him once and a while, rode along in the stroller as happy as a clam!

In baby news... I'm 34 weeks along and feel like I'll burst any minute. No I will not post a picture of myself because I think I'm retaining half of the Atlantic Ocean and no one likes a puffy-faced picture of themselves splattered across the internet! I will, however; post photos of the nursery once it's done. We should be finished sometime this weekend. We've definitely decided on the name now and will let you all know who he is once he makes his entrance!

Also, I saw this online today and wanted to pass it along. This girl is impossibly cool. I don't know how she finds the time and energy to be so interesting but I'm jealous. I know that much. Click here for more.


I love fall! I REALLY love it! I'm hoping to get some pumpkins soon but here's a link for you if you already have yours. All kinds of pumpkin decorating and carving ideas. Click here for more. If you want to get into the autumnal spirit (to use a choice Martha Stewart phrase), go get a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. Yes, I REALIZE that the caloric intake equals that of a few fun size candy bars but that's not the point. It's fall, it's getting cooler outside and it tastes delightful!


October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Most of you might remember me walking in the Susan Komen 3-Day Walk last year. It was such a cool experience and if there's one in your area and you still have time to train for it... SIGN UP! I can't walk this year because I'm 9 months pregnant and well, that just wouldn't be smart. BUT I plan to go find a cheering station and cheer the walkers on. If you have a chance to at least do that, I can say from experience it's very encouraging. Finding a cure for cancer has taken on a different feeling altogether for me this year. We can't sit and wait for someone else to do something about it. We have to do our part too. Check for a walk in your area here.

6 comments:

Leah said...

thanks for the shout out. we had a blast this weekend...next time you'll have your little one in tow! can't wait! :-)

Laura said...

Hi Lindsay ~ I found your blog through Erika's blog (I think). I wish you the best with your little on on the way. We just started trying to get pregnant, so I'm very excited. I'm sure that I'll have many questions about baby stuff, so I'll have to keep you on my list of people to gain input from! Have a great day!

Beck said...

Let's go get some Pumpkin Spice lattes together soon. We can take a waddle around Knox St. to burn off the cals.

TMB said...

mmm...pumpkin spice latte! sounds so good! i would have one with you, if you weren't ten hours away!

...and more importantly, cannot wait to meet baby c!!!!

emily reynolds said...

2 things:

1. You made me want a latte so badly that I left
Trey and the kids to run off and get one. Then I
felt fat and just had to go running.

2. So, the girl you thought was way cool, well that is the girl you are to everyone else. You totally could do what she did. Your creativity and style always encourage me to try new things. You look so cute. Not much longer!

emily reynolds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.