
Do you like oatmeal? We do at our house but I've never made steel cut oats like this before. If you have and you think it's worth a shot let me know, otherwise Quaker is treating me just fine.
Also, this weekend we're having a party for St. Patrick's Day. It's a HUGE deal in our neighborhood for some reason. The excitement that my sweet husband has for this day every year is laughable. You'd think the man was actually Irish. We're grilling burgers but here is one other thing I plan to make. They're easy and really tasty!
Indoor S'mores
INGREDIENTS
4 cups golden grahams cereal
3 tablespoons margarine
6 cups miniature marshmallows
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS
1. Coat a 9x13 inch dish with cooking spray. Place cereal into a large bowl; set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows and corn syrup and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Remove from heat and pour over waiting cereal; stir well to coat. Press into prepared pan. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
And because I forgot to post this a while back. Courtesy of Megan...who needs pockets?
3 comments:
YUM! Those smores looks SOOO good! I love Golden Grahams! I must give those a try!
{door slamming, car starting}
LC! Onmywayovertolickthebowl!
getting a little excited about the smores tomorrow.
steel cut oats: LOVE THEM. great for the crock pot--bc they are sturdy, and don't get too mushy. try them someday when you have a few minutes to dump some stuff into the crock pot. [but we love mr. quaker too!!]
and the smores...look amazing. we love golden grahams...mom makes a yummy chirtmas time golden grahams snack: golden crahams, pretzels and pecans...covered in white chocolate bark. spread, let dry and break into bite size pieces!! yums. i will have to try this one too...
Post a Comment