Monday, October 1

Texas Fight!


This weekend Chris and I experienced our very first Texas Longhorns football game! I think this is sort of a right of passsage to being a Texan. I mean, I got a TX license, got a texas car tag, adapted my tastebuds to tolerate spicy foods, and ate a breakfast burrito (which I thought I'd hate) so I think going to the UT game MIGHT actually complete my requirements, but I'm not sure.

Ryan and Danielle took us to Austin for a great weekend of football and fun. We bought some orange apparel, practiced putting our "horns up" and settled into our wonderful seats under the blessed overhang of the staduim. I say blessed because it was HOT and SUNNY but soon turned to HOT and POURING RAIN. So, many thanks to Ryan for scoring such great seats out of the elements. Texas unfortuately didn't win but it was still a great time together with friends! We went to the game and ate at some wonderful local restaurants. That night we met up with some other friends and enjoyed the nightlife of downtown Austin.

While we were eating dinner on Saturday, Chris and I checked the score of the Auburn Florida game quite frequently. I was so excited when I DASHED across the restaurant to tell Chris that we WON! I was SO proud of my tigers!! What was a bum day for Texas turned out quite well for some of us! Click here to see more pictures...

Now we just have to plan our tour of Auburn... War Eagle! and Hook 'Em Horns!

2 comments:

The Martin Family said...

It's a little hard to see you in Texas gear! Y'all definitely need to make plans to visit the plains - you know you always have a place to stay with us!

lindsay said...

Girl- don't you worry! It was a one day event. BUT we are coming to Auburn for the Alabama game!