Saturday, December 6

finally checking in







Life with a baby is different. That's the only way to put it.

Cohen is a wonderful baby and Chris and I are both slowly learning how to handle things with him around. Chris is a GREAT dad and has really taken to him quite naturally, as I always knew he would. My mom was here for 2 weeks and I can't even imagine trying to get by without her! She went back to Memphis yesterday though (yes, I wept) and thus... we are now an official family of 3. It still seems very strange to be a parent but things get a little more routine with each passing day. It's been fun though; ups, downs, sleep, no sleep, but overall I just love the little man more than I can say!

I had a great slideshow all done with a special song that I picked out just for him but of naturally once I went to upload the file I realized it was entirely too large. I'm so bummed but here are some regular photos of our boy at least. How do they change so much so fast?

A little bit more about our son's name as well. I know its not very common so here's why we chose it... Cohen was my great, great, great uncle. AND Koen was Chris's grandmother's maiden name. We really liked that it was part of both of our families. Matthew means "gift from God" and we truly believe that he is! After losing one baby last year and previous uncertainty about fertility because of Chris's cancer- we know without a doubt that the Lord gave us this baby boy as a gift to be treasured!!

Also, since I've posted so much about my "little" boy... I thought you all should know something about my "big" boy too:
Chris had his first post-cancer CT scan and blood work done last Tuesday and everything is CLEAR! We are thrilled beyond words and thankful for the Lord's protection over him. I meant to post on Tuesday but was just too busy (read: nursing round the clock).

Hope everyone is having a restful Saturday. The boys are watching the SEC championship and so I snuck away to get a few things done. Tomorrow we're getting the Christmas tree and putting up the lights. I'm excited to see how they look on the new house!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love him...i'm glad you got to sneak away today!
emck

TMB said...

oh my heavens...he is precious!!

i check your blog about 1,000 times a day hoping for pictures [but knowing that you are crazy busy, and likely don't have a bunch of time for blogging! ] but i am thrilled to see a few tonight! he is beyond beautiful, and i know you and chris are both such wonderful parents!!

thanks for the update...kiss him for us!
xoxo

erika said...

okay so I teared up looking not only at that angel, but reading your post... if anyone deserves a gift from God it's you and Chris. I love your honesty in the whole 'getting used to a baby'... I am sure your world is a bit crazy (good-crazy) right now... and to know that your momma left this week... oh it makes me sad for you. Wish I could bring yall dinner! Kisses to Cohen (love the name)!!! I hope you'll post pictures of your tree in your new house!?
XOXOXO

Beck said...

So glad we got to see you guys last night. Big C and lil' C. Driving away Russ and I were like, "we miss those guys!"

Cohen's eyes - so beautiful!

Okay, can't wait to get together & compare birth stories!

Carly said...

I am so thrilled that Cohen and Chris are doing well! What a blessing!!! Keep those pictures coming:)

Ashley said...

That is one PRECIOUS little baby you have! So glad to see pictures, and I'm glad y'all are adjusting! I totally hear ya on nursing round the clock! I'm right there with you, my friend! That goes by fast too though! (I have to remind myself of this fact.) Kiss that sweet little Cohen for me! I'm with E...wish I could bring you some dinner! Love you and your family of 3!