
Thanks everyone for the advice on the "gas drops". Cohen has been a LOT better Tuesday-Friday and I made it through my first week at home with him alone! We even ventured out on a trip to the pediatrician, McAlisters (for a dinner with Daddy) and to Michael's for some Tombo glue to finish up the Christmas cards. I just have to share what happened while we were there...
I got Cohen out of the car and successfully made it from there to the glue aisle and then to the checkout counter. Any of you mom's can relate, that in itself was an accomplishment for me given that the carrier + baby = HEAVY and I was scared the whole time that he'd have a crying episode in the store. So, once I got to the front of the line I realized I left my wallet in the diaper bag in the car. After all, I was JUST running in for one thing, I didn't need to bring the whole bag. I told the cashier I'd be back but to go ahead with the people behind me obviously. Then the lady in front of me who was just paying said, "No, please let me get that for you... it's not worth going back to the car. I understand, I'm a mom too" I was floored! She was so nice to pay for my $8 Tombo glue and the cashier and I stared in wild wonder that there are actually people out there who do nice things just because. I'll probably never see her again but that gesture will stick with me forever. She restored my faith in people. Maybe it's Christmas that brings it out in her, but maybe she just looked past herself and saw someone else's need. It was great. Now I feel the need to pay it forward. I'll have to be looking for a way to do so.
Mom says I should have then asked if she'd come to Kroger with me and buy my groceries too! ;o)
2 comments:
Stunned & loving that! God bless you, Michael's lady.
Sidebar: little worried a/b my Christmas cards that went out w/ tape on the backs of the photos...Tombo - what are you?
Um.. should I have used Tombo too!? Anyway... I love this story. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside... wait until Cohen weighs 17 lbs and he's still in that damn carrier because he can't sit in the shopping cart yet... then you'll stay home and order the Tombo online! :)
Ok, blog stalker/friend Amanda had a similarly awesome story a few days ago... check it out:
http://thrasherdaze.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-really-dont-have-time-to-blog-today.html
Post a Comment