
Well here we go...
I went to the grocery store today for hotdog buns. We're having hotdogs tonight. It's not glamorous but it works for us.
BUNS, I told myself, nothing more since we're watching the budget. Then I thought about this post from Darby's blog yesterday and how I'd like to treat my huband to a yummy dessert when he got home. So I strolled on over to the cookie aisle and got my ingredients.
Sparing some additional boring details... when I got to the car I realized the cookies were in the bottom of the cart under Cohen's carrier and I had failed to scan them when I checked out.
Did I...
a) recoil in horror that I had just STOLEN something, turn around and go back in to pay for them
b) toss them carelessly into the back seat of the car
Let's just say I'm glad Cohen isn't able to comprehend thievery yet and I'll probably deservingly choke on my cake tonight. Sorry Mom and Dad- you taught me better, but it's still Darby's fault though.
5 comments:
this post just cracked me up! you are so funny! I miss you and hope all is well with you!
Hey sticky fingers, stop the madness! You are too funny. Hey, now you HAVE to eat them because it will destroy the evidence.
Well... are you going to tell us how those "free" cookies tasted in the dessert or not? :) Everything "free" tastes better! :)I've stolen deoderant before... some child threw it in my purse... I got them loaded in the car and then saw it in my purse and I thought there is no way in h&*# I'm getting all my kids out of the car and taking them back in Target to pay $1.47 for some Dove Deoderant that was on sale... thanks Target.. I owe you one! :)
cracking up! too bad the lady that bought your groceries when you left your wallet in the car wasn't out there when this happened! :) wish i could carry her around in my back pocket!!
we have almost stolen a thing or two, too! wait til cohen can pick things up and put them in inconspicuous places--you'll never know what you will wind up with in your shopping cart [or purse!]
now you do have to tell us how your economic dessert tasted!!! it looks awesome!
I had seen her post on that cake, too, and it's been haunting me. Perhaps I'll make RP a lil' V day treat for this weekend...
Post a Comment