Wednesday, October 17

Corn Dogs and Candy Apples


Hi everyone... This past weekend my parents came to visit. It was such a blast! Mom and Dad, I hope you had as much fun as I did. The biggest outing of the weekend (coming in a close second was Chris' high school homecoming), was the Texas State Fair! It's a whopper for those of you who haven't been, and we faced it head on! Friday we stepped outside to a beautiful 70 degree morning and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Perfect weather for stuffing our faces with fried/sugar coated grub and seeing all the sights. After saying hello to Big Tex, the 52 foot inflated Texas Icon who greets folks at the gate, our day was well underway. We went to see the auto show, the dog show, the human cannonball, the butter sculpture, cooking demonstrations, chickens, the swings (my favorite), and last but not least THE TEXAS STAR!

The Texas Star is the largest ferris wheel in North America. I, being afraid of heights, was NOT planning to participate in that adventure. But since it was a special occasion and I was feeling brave, I put my fears aside and hopped on. It was quite high and I don't think I moved for the first two rotations but by the third and final ride, I had mustered enough courage to take a few pictures for proof!

Hope you are all getting some great fall weather and can get outside and soak it up! Thanks again, Mom and Dad for a tremendous few days!

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS

4 comments:

erika said...

L-O-V-E-D the photos!!! What kind of camera do you have? Those were FANTASTIC!! Love the haircut too- or is it just "straightened"? It's precious. Your cute parents... I loved it all!
E

TMB said...

so fun!! cute, cute hair...i love it!!

Darby said...

WHAT FUN!! Love all the pics!!

Jennie-Marie said...

Your hair is adorable! The Fair looks really fun!