Chris teases me because rather than saying leggings I choose to refer to them as leggins'. When I was out for lunch today I was inspired by all the leggins' I saw to write the following post ...
Some women in the world have apparently not been told that there is a BIG difference between leggings and tights. Or maybe they just get dressed early when it's still dark and as they pull the stretchy fabric out of that drawer crammed with undies, they think, "what the heck tights, leggings...same thing". Oh how they are NOT the same. One you can see through (even if just partially) and one, you cannot. Simple.
If you wear a very short top and choose to pair it with something, make sure that you choose leggins' ladies. Thick, opaque leggins! If you wear a dress or skirt however, feel free to don the tights, which unbeknownst to some, are somewhat more transparent.
Also, it appears that there is a trend among college girls as of late. I'm a trend victim 100% but this one I don't get. Wearing leggings with a fleece and tall Ugg boots. I would really be fine with this were it not for the fact that the fleece and t-shirt underneath just graze the top of their hip bones, thus leaving the tush uncovered except for a paper thin layer of spandex. What's that about? I thought most girls were concerned about concealing their backside because they fear (even at a whopping size 2) that they might expose any possible cellulite. The gym is one thing, because I've done that, but why wear them out to lunch or the mall?
Let's just hope that they don't mix up their leggings and tights because that, my friends, would be embarrassing.
Here's a fun fashion website for your enjoyment too!
3 comments:
Amen, sister! I don't get out much so I haven't seen anyone in tights rather than leggin's but that would be somewhat of an atrocious sight. Perhaps their only mirror is above the bathroom vanity and they can't see their tush!?
Linds, this post is long overdue. However, I must tell you that when I drive down Hillcrest I am convicted about a time in my life that dates back to 1995. I confess that during my freshman year in college I wore leggins and a Chi O sweatshirt with hiking boots to class almost everyday that it was chilly. So I look at all these SMU girls with their Uggs and my self-righteousness can only last a minute, for I too was once a victim of this heinous trend.
Thank you. You've officially done your civic duty. I've been thinking this in my mind for so long now, and I'm SO glad you've exposed the "tights serve the same purpose as leggings" victims. Good work, Lindsay!
Post a Comment