We're back from the doctor with mixed feelings but overall we are grateful for the Lord's mercy on us and feel His strength in us to press on.
The cancer did spread but only in a very small section of the lymph nodes. His chest and abdomen (meaning a lot of major organs) show NO signs of any invasion. Which is a very big deal. We were hoping to hear that nothing had spread obviously, but are assured that this is still the same, highly treatable cancer, we just have a few more things to take care of. The fact that the enlarged lymph nodes are still relatively small hopefully indicates that we caught it early and can take care of it in a timely manner.
This isn't a major roadblock since we were anticipating SOME follow up treatment, you just always hope for a miracle and wish nothing else had to be done. There are a few options which we will discuss with a team of oncologists in a couple of weeks. We will also meet with a separate oncologist (different hospital) on Monday or Tuesday of next week hopefully. There is a surgery to remove the affected lymph nodes OR there is chemotherapy. Neither option is a pleasant one but we both want to do what it takes for complete healing. We will be weighing all of this with the specialists to determine which road to take. Chris needs to heal from this surgery first, which he is doing remarkably well thus far. I'm so proud of him!
Please continue to pray and I will update you all as I know more. That may not be for a few days but I will let you know when I hear anything, as we sincerely appreciate each and every prayer that is lifted up on our behalf.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever! Hebrews 13:8
18 comments:
I've been praying! Thank you for the speedy update... albeit not the miracle we were hoping for. I will continue to pray for Chris' healing, discernment {as far as treatment goes} from the physcians, and strength from your Father to press on each day with the hope and joy that can only come from Him in the midst of disappointment! Love you guys!!
I am praying for you and Chris!! You have amazing strength and faith in the Lord! He will do great things!!! God bless!
Still praying for you both, and for a complete healing. This was not a shock to our LORD, he knew this was part of the plan. We are so blessed to serve such a powerful and merciful God. May he bless you both through this journey. Praying for a journey to complete healing. we love you!
Lindsay,
We are praying that God with heal Chirs and that he surround your family with His love and mercy. We pray that He will pour down his blessings upon you and make Chris cancer free!!!
I am a young mom as well and have a 10 month old little girl. A few weeks ago my husband was diagnosed with stage one/level four melanoma. We go in on Wednesday to have one of this lymph nodes removed for a biopsy. Like you, I am very scared. It is a very surreal experience to hear that your loved one has cancer, especially at such a young age.
Please know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I really do believe in the power of prayer! I think our mission is to spread the word and get as many people praying as possible!
Psalm 55:17
Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
Colossians 4:2
Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving.
May God continue to bless your family!
~Carly
http://www.cgharv.com/blog/
I think y'all are both awesome! and I'm definitely praying and will continue to pray for a complete healing! Thank you for keeping us updated! We love you!
Definitely praying for ya'll!! I am sure this all seems overwhelming, but you both seem to be moving forward with faith and optimism rather than falling apart with fear or worry. I am praying for complete healing and wisdom for the decisions to be made.
Praying!! Thanks for keep us updated. Love you.
You are in my prayers!
thanks for the update...we will continue to pray and lift chris up to the feet of Jesus. we know He is faithful and His mercies are new every morning. He is with you. We love you
-courtney and kyle
Don't know if you remember me, I was Lindsey Flinkow at Auburn. Lived with Meredith Browndyke for 3 years, and then with Ann Buster, Jenny Evans, Lauderdale, and that crew. Just wanted to let you know that we're praying for you and Chris.
You both are in my prayers! I think about you daily and appreciate being able to be a part (if only from a distance and reading this blog) of your life! We serve an AWESOME God! He is always in control.
You are in our prayers. Continue to let us know how we can pray specifically.
Lindsay-
We are praying for you and Chris! I am so sorry that you have to go through this, but we are thankful that it was caught early! I will definitely pray for wisdom and discernment for the doctors, healing for Chris, and strength for you as you take care of your husband and your little baby boy who is growing inside you! Praise the Lord that He has a plan, He is our Rock, and He provides exactly what we need for each day. May God bless you and all of your family! Love, Amber
Praying for healing for Chris and strength for both of you! I'm so sorry you are going through this but you are being taken care of!
Love to both of you. We continue to lift you up to our Father.
Lindsey, if there is anything at all that Julie can aid, guide, or help you with concerning the little one on the way (I saw a previous blog concerning strollers/car seats) please, please call (214-801-9435).
Chirs I love you.
--Brian, Julie & AveryKate Spence
I meant Linds'A'y .... sorry about the 'e' ....
Love you both -
Spences
Hi, I'm not exactly sure how I stumbled upon your blog, other than God led me here. My niece's fiance (now her husband of 4 years) had testicular cancer when they were engaged...he had surgery and some treatments and has remained cancer-free. They are expecting their first child in January. So, I share this with you to encourage your hearts during this scarey time. Our God holds your precious family firmly in His hands and He has a plan to prosper you...to give you hope and a future. Keep your faith in Him.
You will be in my prayers.
I am praying! Thank you for the updates. I'm praying for peace, strength, provision and wisdom. And healing, of course! Thankfully you're in Dallas where they have some amazing doctors!
Post a Comment