Tuesday, August 12

Big Day Thursday

We met with the doctor at Southwestern on Monday. It went well. At first the doctor was encouraging us to just do chemo and forgo the surgery because IF lymph nodes are affected, Chris will have chemo anyway. Like I said before, he had two enlarged nodes and the doctors can't be sure if they're cancerous until they are removed.

Well... Chris had a second CT scan Monday at the doctor's request and guess what? The nodes had shrunk to normal size. The doctor quickly changed his opinion to encourage surgery rather than putting his body through chemo. SO... Thursday is the big day. Chris will have his lymph nodes removed in that one region and tested for signs of cancer. We are praying that they are 100% clear!!! If they are, Chris can choose whether or not he WANTS to have chemo in hopes of preventing a recurrence later down the road OR not do it at all. If the nodes are cancerous, he'll have chemo for the next couple of months for sure.

WOW I know that's a lot of info to digest. I can grasp it only because I've been mulling it over for 2 days now! Specific prayer requests are:
1. Surgery goes well and there are no complications during or after
2. His lymph nodes are free of cancer
3. That we will feel peaceful and calm as we wait
____________________________________

We've put an offer on a house!!! PLEASE pray that all goes smoothly and that we will feel peaceful about our decision. We had to pay a little more than we hoped but really feel like it's a GREAT house that we'll be happy in.
____________________________________

So, while all of that has been good news... today Rocco is missing. He slipped out of the house sometime today before lunch and we can't find him anywhere. It's extremely hard for Chris and me, as he brings a lot of joy into both of our lives! Please pray that he is returned to us quickly. I hope tonight he's somewhere safe and that tomorrow will be a better day!!
____________________________________

My mom's coming tomorrow. I'm so excited about that!! We have our first baby shower this weekend!

"When the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in you, still standing
when the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their knees
when time and space are through
I'll be found in you"
-Brooke Fraser
Shadowfeet

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay,

Whit sent me an email about Chris. Please know that you guys have been in my prayers. It sounds like yall have gotten some good news. In my experiences, it helps to cling to any good news no matter how small! My Dad was diagnosed in April, so my perspective was completely changed going from patient to caregiver. As I am praying for good news on Thursday, I will also pray for Rocco. Dogs are IMPORTANT, and hopefully he's just gone out on a little unsupervised field trip and is already headed home to you. Please let me know if you need anything, I don't know what I can offer but contacts with good doctors in Atlanta, and maybe some young adult cancer survivor support resources...

Love,
Emily Garner

Beth Goff said...

I will PRAY!!! I really hope all is well but I will pray for peace! I am so sorry about your dog too! That is so hard! Thanks for sharing your update.

Anonymous said...

LC...I am praying for you both, the house, Rocco, baby, all of it!

Darby said...

Lindsay, I'm praying for all of these things and I am anxiously awaiting a post about Rocco's return {& adventure while he was away} and then I'm waiting for a good report of cancer-free nymph nodes tomorrow! Hugs from me to you! I want to see pictures of the house!! love you!

TMB said...

praying for the surgery, the house and Rocco!! i hope he is home with ya'll, safe and sound!

xo

Amber said...

Lindsay- I will be praying for you and Chris and the upcoming surgery! I am praying that the nodes are 100% cancer free. Praise the Lord that they are no longer enlarged.
I will also be praying for the house and offer etc. I know this can be such a hard process especially for a pregnant momma who wants to start nesting and preparing for a baby! I know God has the perfect house for your little family and I pray it is the one you are trying to get.
Sweet little Rocco! I hope he comes home quickly. Hopefully he is just being and rebellous teenager and he will be home today after his spend the night party with friends. Keep us posted. Pets are completely apart of the family so I understand!

erika said...

Lindsay,
I will be praying for you guys!
The precious pup... oh, I hope he returns. I will be praying.
love you,
e

So Blessed said...

Praying for you both...for Rocco to return home safely, for the surgeons...for cancer-free lymph nodes...and for God's peace to fill your hearts, as only He can.

Jennie-Marie said...

We will be praying for you and I hope that Rocco is home tonight!!!