
2008 is well underway now and I figured that perhaps I should updated you all on what's going on here. Besides the fact that Chris and I have awful colds now, we had some fun holidays. Here's the wrap up...
Before Christmas we had a Christmas celebration with the extended Carreker clan. We ate a yummy Mexican meal (that's how they roll in Texas) and got some great gifts from the cousins' gift game. Then, we drove to Memphis and had a wonderful Christmas there with my side of the family. It's always nice to be there and see familiar places and faces. I got to see not only my family but 4 of my very best friends from high school. It was a really relaxing few days and I was sad to leave as always, but duty calls I suppose. Luckily, we came back to another weekend of fun with the New Year's holiday at Blake and Lindsey's Cypress Springs lake house! Blake's dad is an architect and designed a truly FABULOUS house where we got to spend the last night of 2007! We watched Auburn beat Clemson (barely) and then rang in the new year with some of our friends and their friends. Blake and Lindsey just moved back to Dallas from Savannah and we're really glad they're here! You can tell by the pictures that we had a Wii tournament and now Chris and I are both supremely jealous and want one of our own... I feel like I'm 9 years old again and just DYING for the Nintendo power pad!!
I got my new camera for Christmas and I've been taking pictures like a mad woman... I'll try my best to post them more often now (just for you Becky). Here are some photos from our New Year's celebration. Sorry there aren't any of Christmas really but I got the camera afterwards...
I think this year my New Year's resolution is to be more eco-friendly. I've decided that I need to do my part to help preserve and take care of this world we're living in. I'm going to pay more attention to what I use and dispose of in general. I found this website which I think is pretty helpful. Maybe you'll like it too. Taylor I know you will... www.thedailygreen.com
5 comments:
lindsay-
tell me about your CAMERA!? your photos are amazing! i know most of that is the artist behind the camera, but fo' real!!
love this post! So fun and festive!
happy NEW YEAR!!!!
xoxo
e
ok, first...i will say again that i LOVE your hair!! it is too cute.
second, the pictures are amazing! i, along with erika, would love to know more about your camera?
also...i Love the daily green. i did not know about that great little website. i love the "7 new year's eco-resolutions for 2008" article...specifically number 4...because, yesterday at whole foods, i bought some of those reusable grocery bags, so now i can take my own bags to the grocery store...and don't have to waste the paper or plastic bags!
great post! happy new year!
Ahhhhh! I love those pics- especially the fireworks swirlies. I look forward to seeing more photos on your blog, fo sho.
Please do share about what kind of camera/lense did you get...
As a new DSLR owner myself, I would love to see what everyone is using these days. My D40 and I are still getting to know each other.
I love that you and Taylor both talked about your cameras. Keeps me from having to do much research!!! Carlton decided I need a "real deal camera." Of course I like mine that I can throw in my purse but I agree I would have a lot of fun with a big one. We'll see, thanks for sharing! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment