
Today it's raining. It's raining and it's COLD.
Rain + cold = these things...
1. My kick-tail rain boots that my mama bought me! She has some too! She's so cool.
I love these and i don't get to wear them too much. Today I couldn't wait to pull them out.
2. Chocolate Upside-Down Cake
(again courtesy of my mom)
This is not really a cake at all. It's more of a fudgy/pudding type thing, you'll see. Either way it's spectacular and everyone should eat it sometime in their life. A rainy day like today will probably make it even "delicious-er"
For the cake:
3/4 c. sugar
1T. butter
1/2 c. milk
1 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 1/2 T. cocoa
For the icing:
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1 1/4 c. boiling water
For the cake:
Cream together the butter and the sugar. Add milk to that mixture. Sift together the flour, salt, soda, and cocoa. Add to the mixture and put into a buttered glass dish (like about 8x8 square or something)
For the icing:
Mix the sugars and cocoa together well and sprinkle over the top of the uncooked cake in the dish. Then pour boiling water over the entire thing.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool in the pan and serve with whipped topping.
MAKE IT EVEN IF IT'S NOT RAINING...TRUST ME.
4 comments:
Mmmmm ... so do you turn it upside down when you're all done? Why is it upside down cake? It sure sounds delish!
Can you give us the brand name of the rain boots?
I love the recipe - I think you should make it a weekly/monthly thing!
That sounds so good!! I will be making it, the next time it rains!
Post a Comment