Graco SnugRide. We love it... it was Morgan's, then it was Raiger's and now it's John Martin's and it has held up great and we love it. It has high safety ratings too. As for stroller... I love my Jeep jogging stroller (w/front wheel that turns or locks in place) with speakers and a plug for your ipod... an absolute genius must have invented it! :) As far as a light weight everyday stroller... can't make any recs on that. I have one from a garage sale that is grey and yellow and I love it but can't remember the brand.
oh, Graco SnugRide carseat not the stroller... I don't even know if there's such thing as a SnugRide carseat. But I also reccommend an extra base (no matter what brand you buy) for Chris' car! :)
Linds, we have a Chicco brand carseat, stroller, and two bases. We have the same brand and color of pack and play and high chair. I like them because they all come in solid colors and not patterns (that way, you can use them for boy or girl). Whatever brand you get, get a Travel System...it is where the carseat fits into the stroller so you don't have to take baby out of carseat to put him in stroller...great when he is tiny so you don't wake him up! 2 bases are a must...go to http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3156652.
my friend has an uppababy fullsize stroller and loves it...another friend has the chicco lightweight one and chicco carseat...all love them and are picky safety people.
Tiny Ride has GREAT deals and all the best stuff. Lots of stuff (patterns) that BabysRus does not have. http://www.tinyride.com. We have a SnugRide too, I went for weight, I think its 7 or 8 lbs. Some of them are great but weight alot before you even put the baby in them. I do have to give a shout out for a Bugaboo, a great all in one stroller. They are a little pricey but I have never regreted the investment. I got mine on ebay, (so I saved some), but they do warn against fraud big time, you can tell. Taylor has one too. http://www.bugaboo.com/
we have the graco metrolite travel system and i have loved it! the carseat was really light and easy to just snap into the base (in the car) and the stroller when we got out of the car. jackson still uses the stroller since our jogger is pretty big and bulky. our jogger isn't good at all (it might be trek trend or something like that from target). i've always heard people saying to get a jogger where the front wheel turns. my opinion...get a travel system (atleast for your everyday use)and make sure that its light and easy to use. :-)
I have the graco metrolite travel system too. I have LOVED it! The stroller is light weight and easy to get in and out of the car. The graco snugride is the carseat that comes with it. The color works for a boy or girl......black and a grayish color. Anyway, I definitely agree about getting a second base. It is well worth the money. Also, the fire department will install them in both of your cars for free.....and then you know it is in correctly! It takes maybe 5 minutes and is well worth the time. The graco snugride got very high safety ratings on consumer reports which made me feel good too. Once you get to the point of the convertible carseat.....we got the evenflow triumph which is about $140....it got the highest safety rating along with the britax carseat, but it is about $110 cheaper than the britax.....just a suggestion. We have loved it so far and will get Noah one when he graduates from the infant seat as well. I hope this helps! :) Happy shopping!
my suggestions for car seats: Graco snug ride! it was great, and like darby said has a high safety rating! we then moved to a britax roundabout, and she LOVES that one too!!
stroller: you probably know i will say Bugaboo! it's $$ but we LOVE it! we also have a BOB ironman jogging stroller. ours has a fixed wheel, but you can get one with a wheel that can swivel. and we love BOB too!!
there are so many to chose from, i know it's a hard decision!! consumer reports was a good resource for us, bc we could compare ratings [especially for things that involved safety!]
happy shopping. and i am so sorry to hear about chris's grandma-- xo
We have the Chicco carseat and stroller. So far so good. I, like Lenzie, like the solid colors. We got the orange and gray. The Chicco brand has good safety ratings and they seem to be in the middle of the price range for carseats and stollers.
I'm obsessed with the carseat/stroller combo Ginny got. If Cate wasn't almost out of needing and infant carrier, I'd get it. I love that it's solid and not patterned (major plus that it's ORANGE!) and is very well made. I'm using an Eddie Bauer carseat/stroller from when Towns was a baby and it's held up great. Two things I don't like about it...the carrier is so heavy and big (even though I like it being big now that Cate's bigger, her feet still don't hang off the edge which is good) and it nearly breaks my back with it being a heavy carrier + a heavy baby in it! Also, Consumer Reports gave it not so great ratings in how easy it is to install in your car. It's never given me any problems when I'm putting it in or taking it out, but just FYI. My vote is for the SnugRide or the Chicco!
I cannot write enough good things about my Phil and Teds!!! It is the BEST out there (I think) and have enjoyed it SO much! I LOVE it because it is a single and doubles stroller. We had our second soon after our first and I hated the side by side double strollers... plus it is great for traveling, shopping, walking/ running... EVERYTHING. Ebay is the best place to buy a Phil and Teds I think because you can get it around $400 with the doubles kit.
Graco SnugRide for the car seat and get the Graco frame stroller it snaps into... it's like $50 but MUCH better than their mega strollers.
Lindsay, I had the Graco Quattro Pro for my first stroller/car seat combo. It was great for my first baby, but as I added on it was not easy. So, my vote is Combi b/c the combi double stroller is WONDERFUL!!! And I'm pretty sure the Combi single would be too. The car seat is lite weight and so is the stroller. Anyway, it might be a little more pricey, but worth it. If you go Graco, I would choose the metrolite travel system OR separate Graco carseat with the Graco frame stroller (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4433210) As the baby grows out of the infant, I vote Britax Marathon ALL THE WAY!!! Cobb can still sit in one. Again, pricey, but WAY worth it. They are very safe.
(I have no street cred yet - as you know) but we ended up w/ Peg Perego infant carrier b/c it would fit both the Combi (lightweight) umbrella stroller to keep in the car & use at first and also the Bob Ironman that I hope to run with later. And I'm glad you asked this question b/c I'm still second guessing myself until little girl arrives.
I love, love, love Peg Perego. They make the stroller and car seat combo that snaps together. Also the stroller has these steps that older kids can stand on.
I've taken the stroller to places like NYC and the Bahamas - it's so handy and comfy for a baby.
Okay I'm embarrased to admit that I have the Bugaboo too (grandmother gift) - it's incredible - I walked the weight off (that I've been working on regaining) with using the bassinet attachment. But it's a major pain in the caboose to get in and out of the car and it takes up the entire trunk.
So, I end up using the Peg Perego and my Bugaboo is taking up space in my bedroom.
I highly recommend the Peg Perego seat and stroller (Pliko P3). The car seat is on heavy side (my only complaint)but the stroller ROCKS (very light weight and folds umbrella style so it is awesome to travel with and doesn't take up much space in the trunk. It also has a little running board in the back so that when little #2 is riding in the stroller older #1 can hop on for a quick ride if they want to!
If you are set on the Graco SnugRide seat look into using it with a Inglesia Zippy stroller. It's a really high quality stroller that is compatible with the SnugRide - it's really comparable to the Peg Perego.
18 comments:
Graco SnugRide. We love it... it was Morgan's, then it was Raiger's and now it's John Martin's and it has held up great and we love it. It has high safety ratings too. As for stroller... I love my Jeep jogging stroller (w/front wheel that turns or locks in place) with speakers and a plug for your ipod... an absolute genius must have invented it! :) As far as a light weight everyday stroller... can't make any recs on that. I have one from a garage sale that is grey and yellow and I love it but can't remember the brand.
oh, Graco SnugRide carseat not the stroller... I don't even know if there's such thing as a SnugRide carseat. But I also reccommend an extra base (no matter what brand you buy) for Chris' car! :)
Linds, we have a Chicco brand carseat, stroller, and two bases. We have the same brand and color of pack and play and high chair. I like them because they all come in solid colors and not patterns (that way, you can use them for boy or girl). Whatever brand you get, get a Travel System...it is where the carseat fits into the stroller so you don't have to take baby out of carseat to put him in stroller...great when he is tiny so you don't wake him up! 2 bases are a must...go to http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3156652.
Better yet, go here...
http://www.chiccousa.com/home.php?cat=18
They won't sell you anything directly from Chicco but you can look up vendors!
my friend has an uppababy fullsize stroller and loves it...another friend has the chicco lightweight one and chicco carseat...all love them and are picky safety people.
Tiny Ride has GREAT deals and all the best stuff. Lots of stuff (patterns) that BabysRus does not have. http://www.tinyride.com. We have a SnugRide too, I went for weight, I think its 7 or 8 lbs. Some of them are great but weight alot before you even put the baby in them. I do have to give a shout out for a Bugaboo, a great all in one stroller. They are a little pricey but I have never regreted the investment. I got mine on ebay, (so I saved some), but they do warn against fraud big time, you can tell. Taylor has one too. http://www.bugaboo.com/
we have the graco metrolite travel system and i have loved it! the carseat was really light and easy to just snap into the base (in the car) and the stroller when we got out of the car. jackson still uses the stroller since our jogger is pretty big and bulky. our jogger isn't good at all (it might be trek trend or something like that from target). i've always heard people saying to get a jogger where the front wheel turns.
my opinion...get a travel system (atleast for your everyday use)and make sure that its light and easy to use. :-)
I have the graco metrolite travel system too. I have LOVED it! The stroller is light weight and easy to get in and out of the car. The graco snugride is the carseat that comes with it. The color works for a boy or girl......black and a grayish color. Anyway, I definitely agree about getting a second base. It is well worth the money. Also, the fire department will install them in both of your cars for free.....and then you know it is in correctly! It takes maybe 5 minutes and is well worth the time. The graco snugride got very high safety ratings on consumer reports which made me feel good too. Once you get to the point of the convertible carseat.....we got the evenflow triumph which is about $140....it got the highest safety rating along with the britax carseat, but it is about $110 cheaper than the britax.....just a suggestion. We have loved it so far and will get Noah one when he graduates from the infant seat as well. I hope this helps! :) Happy shopping!
my suggestions for car seats: Graco snug ride! it was great, and like darby said has a high safety rating! we then moved to a britax roundabout, and she LOVES that one too!!
stroller: you probably know i will say Bugaboo! it's $$ but we LOVE it! we also have a BOB ironman jogging stroller. ours has a fixed wheel, but you can get one with a wheel that can swivel. and we love BOB too!!
there are so many to chose from, i know it's a hard decision!! consumer reports was a good resource for us, bc we could compare ratings [especially for things that involved safety!]
happy shopping.
and i am so sorry to hear about chris's grandma--
xo
We have the Chicco carseat and stroller. So far so good. I, like Lenzie, like the solid colors. We got the orange and gray. The Chicco brand has good safety ratings and they seem to be in the middle of the price range for carseats and stollers.
I'm obsessed with the carseat/stroller combo Ginny got. If Cate wasn't almost out of needing and infant carrier, I'd get it. I love that it's solid and not patterned (major plus that it's ORANGE!) and is very well made. I'm using an Eddie Bauer carseat/stroller from when Towns was a baby and it's held up great. Two things I don't like about it...the carrier is so heavy and big (even though I like it being big now that Cate's bigger, her feet still don't hang off the edge which is good) and it nearly breaks my back with it being a heavy carrier + a heavy baby in it! Also, Consumer Reports gave it not so great ratings in how easy it is to install in your car. It's never given me any problems when I'm putting it in or taking it out, but just FYI. My vote is for the SnugRide or the Chicco!
we have Chicco as well and have been pleased.
i think there are just too many options it can be overwhelming!!
I cannot write enough good things about my Phil and Teds!!! It is the BEST out there (I think) and have enjoyed it SO much! I LOVE it because it is a single and doubles stroller. We had our second soon after our first and I hated the side by side double strollers... plus it is great for traveling, shopping, walking/ running... EVERYTHING. Ebay is the best place to buy a Phil and Teds I think because you can get it around $400 with the doubles kit.
Graco SnugRide for the car seat and get the Graco frame stroller it snaps into... it's like $50 but MUCH better than their mega strollers.
Lindsay, I had the Graco Quattro Pro for my first stroller/car seat combo. It was great for my first baby, but as I added on it was not easy. So, my vote is Combi b/c the combi double stroller is WONDERFUL!!! And I'm pretty sure the Combi single would be too. The car seat is lite weight and so is the stroller. Anyway, it might be a little more pricey, but worth it. If you go Graco, I would choose the metrolite travel system OR separate Graco carseat with the Graco frame stroller (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4433210)
As the baby grows out of the infant, I vote Britax Marathon ALL THE WAY!!! Cobb can still sit in one. Again, pricey, but WAY worth it. They are very safe.
(I have no street cred yet - as you know) but we ended up w/ Peg Perego infant carrier b/c it would fit both the Combi (lightweight) umbrella stroller to keep in the car & use at first and also the Bob Ironman that I hope to run with later. And I'm glad you asked this question b/c I'm still second guessing myself until little girl arrives.
Oh, ditto on the extra base for Chris - we had a ton of friends recommend that for Russ.
I love, love, love Peg Perego. They make the stroller and car seat combo that snaps together. Also the stroller has these steps that older kids can stand on.
I've taken the stroller to places like NYC and the Bahamas - it's so handy and comfy for a baby.
Okay I'm embarrased to admit that I have the Bugaboo too (grandmother gift) - it's incredible - I walked the weight off (that I've been working on regaining) with using the bassinet attachment. But it's a major pain in the caboose to get in and out of the car and it takes up the entire trunk.
So, I end up using the Peg Perego and my Bugaboo is taking up space in my bedroom.
I highly recommend the Peg Perego seat and stroller (Pliko P3). The car seat is on heavy side (my only complaint)but the stroller ROCKS (very light weight and folds umbrella style so it is awesome to travel with and doesn't take up much space in the trunk. It also has a little running board in the back so that when little #2 is riding in the stroller older #1 can hop on for a quick ride if they want to!
If you are set on the Graco SnugRide seat look into using it with a Inglesia Zippy stroller. It's a really high quality stroller that is compatible with the SnugRide - it's really comparable to the Peg Perego.
Post a Comment