He did not waver in unbelief about the promise of God but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God. (Romans 4:20)
This was the scripture in my daily bible reading email today. It rings true with me. When there is nothing logical about our situation, all we can do is BELIEVE in a God who is bigger than this world, be strengthened by His power and if anything good happens or if we are just lucky enough to make it through the day... GIVE HIM the GLORY.
We had an encouraging doctor's appointment yesterday. Chris sent an email out to some friends and I thought it summed things up pretty well. Here's what he wrote:
We had our first meeting with an oncologist yesterday - a doctor at Medical City. Overall the meeting was pretty positive. We talked about a few different treatment options, all of which have cure rates that range from 95-99%. We're really happy about that. As I understand it, there are a few different treatment options:
- going straight into chemotherapy (least likely option, about 95% cure rate)
- surgically removing the enlarged lymph nodes, then watching my blood levels to see if any tumor markers show up before committing to chemo (about a 96-97% cure rate)
- surgically removing the lymph nodes, then immediately following that up with 2 rounds of chemo (a 99% cure rate)
I've left out a few factors to simplify, but deciding which treatment to take will essentially come down to the numbers, so we're preparing mentally, schedule-wise, etc. for the 3rd option.
Please pray for patience as we wait on the next appointment. Pray for a good surgeon who can handle the task and that we are confident in. Also please pray for a good house to come along! Thank you!!!!
4 comments:
We will continue to lift you all up in our prayers and thoughts!
LOVE that verse!!! can't stop thinking and praying for yall!! yall are both SO amazing!!!
I love the verse too, and it sounds like a very positive doctor visit! I'll continue to pray!
I came across this passage today and thought I would pass it along. Garrett and I anxiously await the results of Wed's lymph node biopsy. He had three lymph nodes removed and a suspicious spot removed from his chest. Like you, we continue to pray for God's healing! Please keep us posted on how y'all are doing!
One of the biggest keys to receiving a miracle is found in Mark 11:22-24. The disciples were amazed to see that a fig tree Jesus cursed had completely withered overnight. Jesus simply said, “Have faith in God.” God is the source of everything – our life, our hope, our provision, our healing, and our future! Jesus explained, “I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”
Post a Comment