

If you think back super hard, surely you can remember seeing one of these in your grandmother's refrigerator. Lately I've been realizing how pretty I think they are. I don't have any but I KNOW there has to be some in the deep dark recesses of my family members' cabinets. If you want to mail one to me in a carefully packed box of styrofoam peanuts, I'm fine with that.
I did have ONE of Chris's grandma Vida's bowls but alas, as my sweet husband was washing it, his soapy little paw slipped and CRACK... no more beautiful pyrex goodness. Can't blame him though, HE WAS DOING THE DISHES (which is a chore I despise). Anyway, after that happened I got kind of sad and realized I really loved that bowl. So, I think I'll take a little trip to the antique store and see what I can uncover! Maybe I'll check Ebay too while I'm trying to sell all my old prom dresses. Although, if history repeats itself, maybe I should save those dresses for that daughter I don't have yet. Could she possibly appreciate floor length sequins as much as I adore these old casserole dishes?
Should you desire to enter my world of DORK, you can see more here
1 comment:
Okay, I confess, I too share your love of vintage pyrex! Question: if vintage clothing came back in style, why couldn't vintage pyrex? I would love some of that stuff. I think I will hit up my relatives and take inventory of what I might have one day!
Post a Comment